Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

chalk+ paint = love

I wanted to try a peacock blue color on a old coffee table so being miss impatient  I went to ace hardware and picked out a small quart.  I am no longer a fan of latex paint...miss annie sloan has ruined me forever. It doesn't distress like my chalk paint, it doesn't have that velvet finish, it isn't forgiving like my chalk paint.


I know it has its place...I think for me its just not on furniture.  I like old real wood pieces...I love to leave the tops au natural, and for me the finish of the chalk paint goes so well with that.


I have to admit I have not tried milk paint....its on my list...


so thank you so much annie sloan for giving us such an amazing product. I have only 4 colors but can't wait to try the other ones. 


here are the 3 out of the 4 i have used


duck egg blue

graphite and old white

I am working on a changing table using old white and accent in old violet.  Stay tuned for that one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment