Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

tea is served

I have been dying for a coffee/tea server cart for my kitchen.  
I went and bought a few things when my restore had 50 % off the other day.  I scored the cart for 15 bucks,  I had been eyeing it for a week or two but wasn't convinced it was the right piece for that area.  I was soooo wrong.





look at the old wheels and how amazing the duck blue looks with the wood coming thru.







I love that I got to pull out some of my china my in-laws bought me 12 years ago and actually display it.  The silver looks so pretty next to the blue.  This is my new favorite piece, for today at least.


some pics to show what the color looked like before the wax and all the distressing.  

I also did a little white wash using old white and water.  I took a chip brush and very lightly did a few strokes here and there.
you can see how alive the wood becomes after the wax....










party time...
..

2 comments:

  1. Love the Duck Egg color! Great rustic look and glad you now display China. Best of luck to you with your health. It is a challenge, I am going through the same thing right now, however, it is Type 2 after having Gestational Diabetes.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at my Chalk Paint Party!

    www.ShadesofAmberInc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice compliment. I had gestational with both of my pregnancies. I tested back to normal after each one, but now 4 years later I am a type 1. I wish you all the luck in fighting this disease , my kids are my daily inspiration for tight management.

    ReplyDelete