Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

mod podge



  I read about citrus solve, Elmers glue, heat transferring(trying that next), using acrylic, caulking, the list could go on and on. I went with what was easily available and most used and it works great!!


I still have some kinks to work out with the large image transferring, but the ease and low cost of mod podge makes it a winner in my eye.


I printed out a couple of images from the O so talented miss graphic fairy....you can find her....here.
using my everyday 60 dollar lex mark printer...yes its an ink jet printer I printed out these graphics.

I cut around the graphic.  coated it with the mod podge (thin layer) but evenly applied. Placed it where i wanted it. Then I went to bed.
The next morning ...I took a slightly damp rag and rubbed away the paper. I rubbed gently where the graphic was and a little harder at the edges.


                                           easy peasy!!!


used my finger towards the end so that i didn't take off to much of the graphic.

things to remember:

if you are using script it has to be reversed before you apply it.
let it dry over night to get a good bond.
After applying the glue and placing it, take ur finger or the back of a wooden spoon and smooth out the image...very important on the larger images.


No comments:

Post a Comment