Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

chalk board and magnet makover for 12 dollars.

I showed you yesterday the huge frame I got from goodwill. It already had a canvas artwork inside of the frame.

I love gold but, not this white wash gold. So the first thing I did was remove the old canvas artwork. Then i took some miniwax stain in dark walnut and mixed it with my clear wax. This is where I was a bad blogger and the camera ran out of batteries. It was also 9 at night and a thunderstorm was rolling in so I was frantic trying to get the canvas spray painted before the rain.

I used this .....

First the magnetic paint then the chalkboard paint on top. I think I was in too much of a hurry because the magnetic paint did not work. I only let it dry for an hour before i painted over it....ohh well...i still love the way the chalkboard came out.



I would love a large G and T but my scrap store only had the small cutout and honestly I am going to start the christmas transition next week....soooo...it will do!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Why can't I ever find any cool frames like that at my local thrift???

    ReplyDelete
  2. THATS BECAUSE I SNAGGED IT OFF THE CART AS THE LADY WAS WHEELING IN NEW ITEMS.....GOTTA BE QUICK...AND LUCKY...LOL

    ReplyDelete