Monday, September 19, 2011

chandelier dresser

 I have had this big bulky dresser in my garage for about 2 months. The heat here has finally died down a little. I started tackling the dresser and i was going to paint it in ascp but I have no vendor in az and with the break in the weather i was impatient to wait up to a week for it to come in. I follow a couple of gals who do alot of spray paint sooo I thought I would give it a try.

I used kilz primer which runs about 6 dollars a can and I used a can and a half.

this is the color before the glazing but with a little distressing
 After priming and very light sanding I used an Ivory color from krylon. The key is to go one direction in a smooth motion and letting go of the spray button at the end of the stroke. I ended up using 3 cans of the ivory and it took over two days of slowly building the color. I like the turn out of the paint.  If you take your time and slowly build color it comes out very smooth.  The only down side is even though i did it in my garage my whole house smelled of fumes for at least 2 days.

I will talk on wed about the use of stains as a antiquing agent and the ways i like to distress.

Dittle Dattle


  1. SOOOOO stinkin' cute! I love it all. Awesome job.

    Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

  2. Thanks.....She was sooo fun to create...but I think my nose is still recouping from the fumes. I usually use chalk paint.

  3. Absolutely beautiful! Your hard work and braving the fumes definitely paid off in an exquisitely composed and antiqued piece! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and talent at Rook No. 17!


  4. thanks so much for stopping by ur blog!!