Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

for the love of wood

I really love when i find a nice old piece that is in amazing shape. This piece was still in great shape and had such pretty details to her.I knew i wanted to leave the top alone but i added a little ascp in old white to the legs.


this is how i got her....i loved the wood!!

Yes I paint inside a lot. I live in Az and it is still in the hundreds here.

this pic is before the sanding and detailing. I did not go crazy but i sanded the edges and i like to use a scrapers on the details.


















2 comments:

  1. Hi, I ran onto your blog from Miss Mustard Seeds blog. Your coffee table is absolutely beautiful! I just happened to glance at your profile and saw that you were recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I too was diagnosed almost five years ago at the age of 25. My sister, two years ago at age 29. It's been a hard transition and I'm sorry to hear that you too have to deal with this crazy disease! I hope things are going well for you. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping over..I adore miss mustard seed!! I am trying very hard to keep everything under control with the big d...it is a one day at a time disease....thanks for the well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete