Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

TYPE 1

  I was going to post pics of the new coffee table .... but I just cant. I am all fired up about the ignorance around diabetes. 
I have been on pinterest and love looking at all the great pictures. Then I saw this....
Diabetes
and I just lost it.....

so today to put my heart to rest I am going to explain a few basic facts about diabetes.

type 1 (this is me)It is a condition resulting from the body’s inability to produce insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar (glucose), starches and other food into energy needed for daily life.
Only 5% of people with diabetes have this form of the disease.
 People with type 1 diabetes must treat their diabetes with insulin since their bodies do not naturally make any insulin.
so when people post thing like this
oreo stuffed brownies...aka diabetes in a bite.
brownies...aka...diabetes in a bite.

Its soooo frustrating.  when people tell me .."dont worry hun, watch ur sugar intake and get a little more exercise and you will be fine."  I want to scream.!!@#$%

I dont eat white bread...i really dont eat bread. I never ever eat candy or anything sweet...but every morning i wake up and test and inject as needed. I do this because no amount of exercise or no Raw,vegan super food diet is going to make my pancreas work again.
I work very hard everyday to keep my sugars at "normal levels." 

so these comments...these comment are very offensive to us diabetics....to make such a complicated disease boil down to one bite of a brownie...is just ignorance!!!


sorry for the rant....promise i will get back to the LOVE..just had to get it off my chest..i am sure it wont be the last time...I plan on writting love letters to my grand babies...so I will keep on pricking and sticking,counting and FIGHTING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment