Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

salads can be fun!!

So as most of you know I am a type 1 diabetic.  So I have to get my food kicks from healthy sources. Luckily for me I do not have a big sweet tooth so that's easy for me to avoid. Unfortunitly for me Carbs are everywhere even in healthy stuff I love....Like potato and pasta and oranges and white rice and sourdough bread,ohh and grapes.  Grapes are like little sugar bombs to my G.I numbers.  Also, even eating very healthy and low carb I can not eat a lot in one sitting, so I have had to really trick myself into thinking I have a lot on my plate specially at dinner. That is suppose to be my smallest meal.

any who....I find using a smaller plate helps. I also try to slow down to let the brain and tummy connect with feeling full.  With the wonderful holidays approaching I thought I would try to motivate us all to stay on track and keep health in to the New Year.

With out further ado.....Week 1...of  Eat this not That!

I use balsamic dressings or just oil and vinegar a lot.  Dressing can really turn a healthy salad into a calorie pit.
This salad has apples, mandarin oranges, almond slivers and goat cheese.

Another exchange I do is I love a good french fry and No body makes better fry's then In-Out.
So I get a cheese burger protein style so that I can eat the fry's.  ( they wrap the hamburger in lettuce)




Honestly little changes can make a huge difference and before you know it it becomes a habit.


So what is your favorite healthy Exchange?

No comments:

Post a Comment